This is a solid, functional fillet knife with a nice, long, flexible stainless steel blade featuring the Marttiini signature etched into it. The blade is coated with Martef, which is a titanium-based slippery non-stick coating similar to Teflon, which reduces drag and friction and makes slicing much easier. The handle is made from textured rubberized plastic and offers a very solid grip even when wet. The handle has both a guard and a hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand. The knife is surprisingly lightweight, which reduces hand and wrist fatigue if you're using it for a long time.
Comes with a nicely constructed and detailed leather sheath featuring the Marttiini logo printed in golden ink. The sheath contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 54
- Knife Length: 13.5 inches (34.3 cm)
- Blade Length: 8.75 inches (22.2 cm)
- Blade Width: 1.08 inches (2.7 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.07 inches (1.8 mm)
- Knife Weight: 4.1 ounces (116 grams)
- Handle Length: 5 inches (12.7 cm)
- Pommel: rubberized plastic
- Handle Circumference: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Handle Material: rubberized plastic
- Sheathed Weight: 6.6 ounces (187 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 15 inches (38.1 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 3 inches (7.6 cm)