The Moose Knife is a gorgeous work of art made with a Carbinox blade, which is a high-chrome steel that is corrosion-resistant, hardened to Rockwell 58 so it will hold an edge for a good long time. Although not visible in the picture, the blade also has the Marttiini signature logo etched into it. The smooth and ergonomic handle is made from wood which has been stained, heat-treated, and polished, and is accented with bronze fittings. The butt cap has a deeply engraved scene of a moose standing in a field. The sheath is nicely stamped with the Marttiini logo and other artwork.
Comes in a wooden gift box, nestled in a bed of wooden shavings. Quite an attractive piece and would make a great gift for any outdoors enthusiast!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: Carbinox T508 steel, hardened to Rockwell 58
- Knife Length: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.75 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.1 inches (2.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3 ounces (85 grams)
- Handle Length: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Pommel: metal butt cap
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: polished wood
- Sheathed Weight: 4.4 ounces (125 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)