The New Handy is a great compact utility and carving knife. The short stainless steel blade has a drop-point profile and is paired with a large, hefty handle made from curly birch wood, sanded smooth and polished, which provides a firm grip while performing fine tip-point detail carving. The size would also make it an excellent all-around camp or utility knife. The handle has a prominent inset for your index finger, to prevent your hand from slipping up the handle and onto the blade. The knife is surprisingly lightweight, which reduces hand and wrist fatigue if you're using it for a long time. This is a really neat, compact and high-quality package!
Comes with a nicely constructed leather sheath stained a beatiful shade of reddish-brown, featuring the Marttiini logo stamped into it. The sheath contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 54
- Knife Length: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Blade Length: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.75 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.09 inches (2.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 2.4 ounces (68 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: polished wood
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: polished wood
- Sheathed Weight: 3.9 ounces (111 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 8.25 inches (21 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)