for more details on Marttiini knives, and links to some video reviews!
This is Marttiini's trademark stainless steel skinning blade, coated in a teflon finish, with a mild drop-point profile and ample belly designed for skinning, and bearing the Marttiini signature etched into it. The handle is made from curly birch wood, sanded, stained, and polished to a smooth finish, and has both an inset for your index finger, and a hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand.
Comes with a nicely constructed leather sheath featuring the Marttiini logo printed in silvery ink. The sheath contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel with teflon coating, hardened to Rockwell 54
- Knife Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.93 inches (2.4 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.09 inches (2.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.8 ounces (108 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: polished wood
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 5.7 ounces (162 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.5 inches (24.1 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)