Ths is an updated design of a knife orignally created to celebrate 80 years of Finnish independence. The pommel and sheath both feature the lion of Finand. The stainless steel blade has a mild clip-point profile and features the Marttiini signature. The handle is made from smoothly polished curly birch, and has a slight inset for your finger and a slightly hooked pommel to help maintain your grip. The perfectly contoured handle and heavy metal fittings give this knife a solid, authoritative feel. The sheath is a soft shade of black and has a belt loop attached by a metal ring, allowing it to swing freely and not get in the way while you're sitting or crouching. The sheath also has brass fittings and contains a plastic insert to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel
- Knife Length: 8.5 inches (21.6 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.76 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.1 inches (2.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.75 ounces (106 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Pommel: bronze cap
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 5.6 ounces (159 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.5 inches (24.1 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)