Marttiini's "Superflex" series of fillet knives feature stainless steel blades which are exceptionally flexible. This is a solid, functional fillet knife with a short, flexible stainless steel blade featuring the Marttiini signature etched into it. The handle is made from wood which has been sanded and polished to a smooth finish, then carved with the Marttiini logo. The handle features both a prominent inset for your index finger, and a hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand. It's the ideal knife for cleaning smaller fish, with a smaller blade that won't get in the way and allows for more precision that you couldn't get with a larger fillet knife. The knife is surprisingly lightweight, which reduces hand and wrist fatigue if you're using it for a long time.
Comes with a nicely constructed and detailec leather sheath stamped with the Marttiini logo. The sheath contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 54
- Knife Length: 7.75 inches (19.7 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.54 inches (1.4 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.03 inches (0.8 mm)
- Knife Weight: 1 ounces (28 grams)
- Handle Length: 3.4 inches (8.6 cm)
- Pommel: polished wood
- Handle Circumference: 2.75 inches (7 cm)
- Handle Material: polished wood
- Sheathed Weight: 2.2 ounces (62 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 8.75 inches (22.2 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)