The Wild Boar knife is a stunningly beautiful knife, with a long, wide stainless steel blade etched with the Marttini signature. The handle is made from ergonomically carved wood, sanded, stained, and polished to a smooth finish, and has a prominent inset for your index finger so your hand doesn't slip up onto the blade. The real attractive feature is the pommel, which is solid metal cast into the shape of a boar's head. The heavy pommel offsets the weight of the blade and makes the knife feel lively in your hand. When you hold this knife, you can feel the solid construction and high quality.
The sheath is truly beautiful, stained a deep rich black and featuring a boar's head in golden ink. The sheath contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
This is a very attractive piece and would make a great gift for any outdoors enthusiast!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 54
- Knife Length: 9.5 inches (24.1 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.77 inches (2 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.1 inches (2.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 4.1 ounces (116 grams)
- Handle Length: 5 inches (12.7 cm)
- Pommel: metal boar head
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: polished wood
- Sheathed Weight: 6.6 ounces (187 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 11.75 inches (29.8 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)