This is a superior all-around utility knife. The curly birch handle is sanded smooth without lacquering, and features an inset for your index finger for a firm grip. The pommel is nicely capped by a piece of reindeer antler. The sheath is a gorgeous reddish-brown leather that almost seems to glow, is stitched up the side and stamped with the Marttiini logo in gold paint, and contains a partial insert to protect both the sheath and the hand from being cut by a blade which is inserted incorrectly. The belt loop is attached with a metal ring, which gives much more flexibility and keeps the knife out of the way while sitting and crouching. All in all, this is a superior knife for any outdoorsman.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel
- Knife Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.76 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.09 inches (2.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.5 ounces (99 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: reindeer antler
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birhc
- Sheathed Weight: 5.5 ounces (156 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.75 inches (24.8 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)