for more details on Marttiini knives, and links to some video reviews!
This is a big, serious knife for butchering, skinning, or any type of wilderness chores or tasks like chopping or shelter building. The curly birch handle is sanded smooth without lacquering, and features an inset for your index finger for a firm grip. The pommel is nicely capped by a piece of reindeer antler. The sheath is a gorgeous reddish-brown leather that almost seems to glow, is stitched up the side and stamped with the Marttiini logo in gold paint, and contains a partial insert to protect both the sheath and the hand from being cut by a blade which is inserted incorrectly. The belt loop is attached with a metal ring, which gives much more flexibility and keeps the knife out of the way while sitting and crouching. All in all, this is a superior knife for any outdoorsman.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel
- Knife Length: 10.25 inches (26 cm)
- Blade Length: 5 inches (12.7 cm)
- Blade Width: 1 inch (2.5 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.09 inches (2.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 5.2 ounces (147 grams)
- Handle Length: 5.25 inches (13.3 cm)
- Pommel: reindeer antler
- Handle Circumference: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birhc
- Sheathed Weight: 8 ounces (227 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 11 inches (27.9 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)