The 511 is a great choice for a multi-purpose utility knife, with a longer carbon steel blade. The plastic handle features a guard in front and a hooked pommel in the back, for a more improved grip, and is mostly symmetrical, so if will be equally comfortable if held with the blade edge facing up or down. The handle click-locks securely into the plastic sheath, and the sheath clips onto your belt. This model is in limited edition colors for 2021.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: carbon steel
- Knife Length: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.75 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.07 inches (1.8 mm)
- Knife Weight: 2.75 ounces (78 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: plastic
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: plastic
- Sheathed Weight: 3.9 ounces (111 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 8.75 inches (22.2 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)