This is a nicely enhanced version of Mora's mainstay Companion knife. It features a rubberized coating on the handle, and a fire steel which detaches from the pommel, so you can always start a fire without bringing a separate fire starter. The back of the blade is sharply squared off for using the fire steel, which is made from the same material used in Mora's bushcraft survival knife, and which produces a nice heavy shower of sparks. The knife firmly click-locks into the sheath, and the sheath features both a sturdy belt clip as well as a hole on the end for drainage. This is a great, compact and completely useful package that you should never enter the woods without.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel
- Knife Length: 8.75 inches (22.2 cm)
- Blade Length: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.08 inches (0.2 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.09 inches (2.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.3 ounces (94 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: plastic w/fire steel
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: plastic w/rubberized grip
- Sheathed Weight: 4.4 ounces (125 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.25 inches (23.5 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.75 inches (4.4 cm)