The Mora Eldris is a short, stubby knife which is perfect as a neck knife, with its small size and light weight. The blade profile would also do well as a detailed carving or scrimshaw knife. This version of the Eldris comes with a "kit" containing a length of paracord for neck carry, an additional (but removable if you don't want it) strap with a snap button for extra safety (although the knife click-locks into the sheath just fine on its own), and a length of fire steel. This is quite a nice, compact package!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel
- Knife Length: 5.5 inches (14 cm)
- Blade Length: 2 inches (5.1 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.88 inches (2.2 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.06 inches (1.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 2.5 ounces (71 grams)
- Handle Length: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Pommel: plastic
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: plastic
- Sheathed Weight: 2.75 ounces (78 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 6 inches (15.2 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 18 inches (45.7 cm)