This knife has a cork handle, which makes it very lightweight and allows it to float if dropped into the water. When placed in the water, the knife floats pommel-up, so the pommel is made from a blaze orange plastic, making it easy to find even in poor lighting conditions. The blade is a solid stainless steel with only a little bit of flexibility. The cork handle still feels solid and durable in the hand. The extremely light weight (under 2 ounces!) has the added benefit of reducing hand and wrist fatigue if you're using it for a long time. As with most Mora knives, the knife securely click-locks into the sheath, and the sheath has a sturdy clip to attach it to your belt.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel
- Knife Length: 8.75 inches (22.2 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.8 inches (2 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.05 inches (1.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 1.8 ounces (51 grams)
- Handle Length: 5 inches (12.7 cm)
- Pommel: plastic
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: cork
- Sheathed Weight: 2.9 ounces (82 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.25 inches (23.5 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)