The "Scout" is intended for younger scouts. It features a prominent guard combined with a flared pommel to help smaller hands keep a firm grip. The handle circumference is also sized to accommodate smaller hands. It's up to you to decide if your child is experienced enough for a knife like this though, as the blade is still very, very sharp. The flat-style sheath has a loop and snap fastener to keep it in place.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel
- Knife Length: 7 inches (17.8 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.64 inches (1.6 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.06 inches (1.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 1.55 ounces (44 grams)
- Handle Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Pommel: wood w/tang end
- Handle Circumference: 2.5 inches (6.4 cm)
- Handle Material: painted birch wood
- Sheathed Weight: 3.1 ounces (88 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 7.75 inches (19.7 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)