for more details on River Traders knives, and links to some reviews!
The French Ball knife features a slight drop-point profile and an ample blade that would be well-suited for a variety of tasks. The handle ends in a large ball which is a more traditional design, and which improves grip and control.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 1095 carbon steel (0.95%)
- Knife Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Blade Length: 5 inches (12.7 cm)
- Blade Width: 1.25 inches (3.2 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.06 inches (1.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.35 ounces (95 grams)
- Handle Length: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Pommel: rounded wood w/hook
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: stained and polished maple
- Sheathed Weight: 5 ounces (142 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.25 inches (23.5 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 3 inches (7.6 cm)