for more details on River Traders knives, and links to some reviews!
The French knife is a very accurate reproduction of surviving historical artifacts of this style of knife. It features a slight drop-point profile and an ample blade that would be well-suited for a variety of tasks.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 1095 carbon steel (0.95%)
- Knife Length: 8.5 inches (21.6 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Blade Width: 1.2 inches (3 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.05 inches (1.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.1 ounces (88 grams)
- Handle Length: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Pommel: rounded wood
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: stained and polished maple
- Sheathed Weight: 4.8 ounces (136 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.25 inches (23.5 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 3 inches (7.6 cm)