for more details on River Traders knives, and links to some reviews!
The Medium French knife features a slight drop-point profile and an ample blade that would be well-suited for a variety of tasks, and would make an excellent all-around utility knife. Rather than a belt loop, the sheath for this knife features a long leather cord so that this knife can be carried around the neck.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 1095 carbon steel (0.95%)
- Knife Length: 6.5 inches (16.5 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.85 inches (2.2 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.05 inches (1.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 1.75 ounces (50 grams)
- Handle Length: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Pommel: rounded wood
- Handle Circumference: 2.75 inches (7 cm)
- Handle Material: stained and polished maple
- Sheathed Weight: 2.75 ounces (78 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 7 inches (17.8 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 18 inches (45.7 cm)