for more details on River Traders knives, and links to some reviews!
The Metis trade knife features a substantial drop point profile, and a good deep belly for skinning and butchering. This would also be an excellent all-around utility knife. It's a solid, stout go-to choice for your everyday needs.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 1095 carbon steel (0.95%)
- Knife Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Blade Width: 1.15 inches (2.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.06 inches (1.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.5 ounces (99 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Pommel: rounded wood
- Handle Circumference: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Handle Material: stained and polished maple
- Sheathed Weight: 5 ounces (142 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.75 inches (24.8 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 3 inches (7.6 cm)