for more details on River Traders knives, and links to some reviews!
The Roach Belly knife is a smaller version of the Hudson Bay Roach, but is still a solidly functional knife in its own right. As the name implies, the ample belly on the blade would make this ideal for skinning and butchering.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 1095 carbon steel (0.95%)
- Knife Length: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.75 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.05 inches (1.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 2 ounces (57 grams)
- Handle Length: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Pommel: rounded wood
- Handle Circumference: 2.75 inches (7 cm)
- Handle Material: stained and polished maple
- Sheathed Weight: 3.25 ounces (92 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)