for more details on River Traders knives, and links to some reviews!
The Southwest has a straight back and good belly which would be excellent for skinning. The overall design is in the traditional Trade Knife style and reflects the utilitarian nature of these knives.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 1095 carbon steel (0.95%)
- Knife Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Blade Width: 1.15 inches (2.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.05 inches (1.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.1 ounces (88 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Pommel: rounded wood
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: stained and polished maple
- Sheathed Weight: 5 ounces (142 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.25 inches (23.5 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 3 inches (7.6 cm)