for more details on Stromeng knives, and links to some articles and some reviews!
This puukko has a gorgeous handle made from stacked layers of curly birch wood, fiber spacers, and reindeer antler, enclosed by a brass bolster and brass pommel cap. It's a very attractive knife!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high-carbon steel, hardened to Rockwell 59
- Knife Length: 7.75 inches (19.7 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.9 inches (2.3 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.09 inches (2.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 9.1 ounces (258 grams)
- Handle Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Pommel: brass butt
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: wood, antler, and stacked leather
- Sheathed Weight: 5 ounces (142 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)