for more details on Stromeng knives, and links to some articles and some reviews!
While the traditional leuku knife is usually much larger, this knife has a smaller, puukko-sized blade with a leuku profile, making it a unique and versatile design. This is is a solid all-around camp or utility knife, featuring a shorter, stout carbon steel blade. The wooden handle is sanded and polished to a smooth finish, then stained dark with tar, and has a flared pommel to help you maintain a firm grip. The sheath is nicely detailed with stamped and stained artwork, and the belt loop is a twisted leather thong, which allows the knife to swing freely and keep out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high-carbon steel, hardened to Rockwell 59
- Knife Length: 7.25 inches (18.4 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.95 inches (2.4 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.1 inches (2.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.1 ounces (88 grams)
- Handle Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Pommel: tang end w/brass nut and brass butt cap
- Handle Circumference: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Handle Material: wood
- Sheathed Weight: 4.5 ounces (128 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 8.25 inches (21 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2.5 inches (6.4 cm)