for more details on Stromeng knives, and links to some articles and some reviews!
The 7" Old Fashioned Strömeng leuku is designed in a more traditional Scandinavian fashion, and has a blackened carbon steel blade and tar stained handle. The handle is a bit smaller than the others from this line, but still quite generous and large enough to provide a firm grip to average-sized hands.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high-carbon steel, hardened to Rockwell 59
- Knife Length: 11.75 inches (29.8 cm)
- Blade Length: 7 inches (17.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 7.7 ounces (218 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: brass butt with tack
- Handle Circumference: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Handle Material: tar stained wood
- Sheathed Weight: 10.6 ounces (301 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 13.75 inches (34.9 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 3 inches (7.6 cm)