for more details on Stromeng knives, and links to some articles and some reviews!
The 8" Strömeng leuku has a large carbon steel blade and a larger handle, and is a serious outdoors, camp, or bushcraft knife. The blade is blackened and the handle is stained with tar. This is a very traditional Scandanavian package.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high-carbon steel, hardened to Rockwell 59
- Knife Length: 14.5 inches (36.8 cm)
- Blade Length: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Blade Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 9 ounces (255 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: brass butt with tack
- Handle Circumference: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Handle Material: tar stained wood
- Sheathed Weight: 12.5 ounces (354 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 14.75 inches (37.5 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 3 inches (7.6 cm)