for more details on Stromeng knives, and links to some articles and some reviews!
The 9" Strömeng leuku is the largest of the Stromeng leukus. The handle is large and has a hooked pommel to provide superior grip and control.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high-carbon steel, hardened to Rockwell 59
- Knife Length: 14 inches (35.6 cm)
- Blade Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Blade Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 10.5 ounces (298 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: brass butt with tack
- Handle Circumference: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Handle Material: natural wood
- Sheathed Weight: 14.3 ounces (405 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 15.5 inches (39.4 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 3 inches (7.6 cm)