This is a very solid and durable full-tang bushcraft knife. The wide handle is made from hefty pieces of curly birch wood with attractive figuring. The tough, sharp carbon steel blade is a full inch wide and a hefty 1/8 inch thick, which is the perfect balance of strength and weight. The leather sheath has a snap-lock to keep the knife securely in place, a plastic liner to prevent it from slicing through, and a belt loop attached by a metal ring, to allow the knife to swiing freely and not get in the way while crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 8.5 inches (21.6 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Blade Width: 1 inch (2.5 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 5.4 ounces (153 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: full tang
- Handle Circumference: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch wood
- Sheathed Weight: 7.75 ounces (220 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.5 inches (24.1 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)