for more details on Wood Jewel knives, and links to some video reviews!
This is a stunningly gorgeous knife. The handle is a very attractive assembly made by pressing together many thin layers of birch bark, and then sculpting and shaping the handle so that as the different layers are exposed, they form gorgeous surface patterns. The blade has visible hammer marks for a "hand forged" look, adding still more attractive quality to an already fantastic knife. When you hold this knife in your hand, you can feel the solid construction and high quality.
The sheath contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is a twisted leather cord, which allows the knife to swing freely and keep out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
This is quite an attractive piece and would make a great gift for any outdoors enthusiast!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 0.8% high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.77 inches (2 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.7 ounces (105 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Pommel: brass cap w/tang end and brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: birch bark
- Sheathed Weight: 5.4 ounces (153 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.5 inches (24.1 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)