for more details on Wood Jewel knives, and links to some video reviews!
This knife is named for the deep, rich blue color of the handle which is quite eye-catching and attractive. I can't stop staring at how beautiful this handle is! The handle is a very attractive assembly made by presssing together many thin layers of painted wood, and then sculpting and shaping the handle so that as the different layers are exposed, they form gorgeous surface patterns. Each knife will be a little bit different in the patterns from the handle shaping process. This is is a solid all-around camp or utility knife, featuring a shorter, narrower carbon steel blade. The shorter blade allows for finer control on more detailed work, be it carving or gutting. The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability.
The sheath is nicely stained a darker shade of blue, it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 0.8% high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.66 inches (1.7 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 2.6 ounces (74 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Pommel: tand end w/brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Handle Material: plywood
- Sheathed Weight: 4.1 ounces (116 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)