for more details on Wood Jewel knives, and links to some video reviews!
The "Bone Knife" has a handle made from segments of reindeer antler, and has both an inset for your index finger, and a hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand. This is is a solid all-around camp or utility knife, featuring a longer,medium-width carbon steel blade which has visible hammer marks for a "hand forged" look, adding still more attractive quality to an already eye-catching piece. The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability. When you hold this knife in your hand, you can feel the solid construction and high quality.
The sheath is nicely detailed with stamped and stained artwork, it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is a twisted leather cord, which allows the knife to swing freely and keep out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
This is quite an attractive piece and would make a great gift for any outdoors enthusiast!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 0.8% high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.79 inches (2 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.13 inches (3.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 4.3 ounces (122 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: antler w/tang end and brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: antler
- Sheathed Weight: 6 ounces (170 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 10 inches (25.4 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)