This is is a solid all-around camp or utility knife, featuring a longer, stout carbon steel blade. The handle is made from curly birch wood, sanded, oiled, and polished to a smooth finish, and has both an inset for your index finger, and a hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand. The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability.
The sheath is nicely detailed with stamped and stained artwork, it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is a twisted leather thong, which allows the knife to swing freely and keep out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 0.8% high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Blade Length: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.75 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.1 ounces (88 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: tang end w/brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 4.6 ounces (130 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.25 inches (23.5 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)