This is a solid, functional fillet knife with a very long, flexible stainless steel blade. The handle is made from curly birch wood, sanded and polished to a smooth finish, with reindeer antler accents, and has a hooked pommel to prevent the knife from slipping out of your hand. The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability. The knife is surprisingly lightweight for something of this length (it has the longest blade of any fillet knife that we carry), which reduces hand and wrist fatigue if you're using it for a long time.
The sheath is nicely detailed with stamped and stained artwork, it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel
- Knife Length: 13.75 inches (34.9 cm)
- Blade Length: 8.75 inches (22.2 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.96 inches (2.4 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.04 inches (1 mm)
- Knife Weight: 4.4 ounces (125 grams)
- Handle Length: 5 inches (12.7 cm)
- Pommel: antler w/tang end and brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch and antler
- Sheathed Weight: 7.3 ounces (207 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 15.5 inches (39.4 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)