for more details on Wood Jewel knives, and links to some video reviews!
This is a delightful traditional puukko knife with a very attractive handle made from stained inserts to mimic the Finnish flag. The rest of the handle is assembled from curly birch wood and reindeer antler. The blade is wider than usual and is made from stainless steel, which would work equally well for gutting, skinning, or other camp or utility tasks. The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability.
The sheath is nicely detailed with stamped and stained artwork, it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is a twisted leather cord, which allows the knife to swing freely and keep out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
This is quite an attractive piece and would make a great gift for any outdoors enthusiast!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel
- Knife Length: 7.75 inches (19.7 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.91 inches (2.3 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 4 ounces (113 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: antler w/tang end and brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch, plywood, and antler
- Sheathed Weight: 5.6 ounces (159 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.75 inches (24.8 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)