The handle is a very attractive assembly made by pressing together many thin layers of stained wood, and then sculpting and shaping the handle so that as the different layers are exposed, they form gorgeous surface patterns. Each knife will be slightly different in the patterns from the handle shaping process. This is is a solid all-around camp or utility knife, featuring a shorter, stout carbon steel blade, with additional handle accents from curly birch wood. The medium-length blade has visible hammer marks for a "hand forged" look, adding still more attractive quality to an already eye-catching piece. The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability.
The sheath is nicely detailed with stamped and stained artwork, it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is a twisted leather thong, which allows the knife to swing freely and keep out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 0.8% high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 8.25 inches (21 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.78 inches (2 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.6 ounces (102 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: antler w/tang end and brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch, plywood, and antler
- Sheathed Weight: 5 ounces (142 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.75 inches (24.8 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)