for more details on Wood Jewel knives, and links to some video reviews!
The handle is a very attractive assembly made by presssing together many thin layers of stained wood, and then sculpting and shaping the handle so that as the different layers are exposed, they form gorgeous surface patterns. Each knife will be different in the colorful variations and patterns from the handle shaping process. This is is a solid all-around camp or utility knife, featuring a shorter, stout carbon steel blade, with additional handle accents from reindeer antler. The shorter blade allows for finer control on more detailed work, be it carving or gutting. The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability.
The sheath is nicely detailed with stamped and stained artwork, it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is a twisted leather cord, which allows the knife to swing freely and keep out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 0.8% high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Blade Length: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.77 inches (2 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.5 ounces (99 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: antler w/tang end and brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: plywood and antler
- Sheathed Weight: 5 ounces (142 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.25 inches (23.5 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)