for more details on Wood Jewel knives, and links to some video reviews!
This knife is a stunning work of art! The handle is an attractive assembly of curly birch wood and reindeer antler, designed to look like the flag of Finland. It has been sanded and polished to a smooth finish, and has both a mild inset for your index finger, and a hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand. The carbon-steel blade has visible hammer marks for a "hand forged" look, adding still more attractive quality to an already eye-catching piece, and it has been lightly inscribed with the words "Suomi Finland." The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability.
The words "Suomi Finland" are lightly stamped and stained into the sheath, which contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
This is quite an attractive piece and would make a great gift for any outdoors enthusiast
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.75 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.5 ounces (99 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: reindeer antler w/tang end and brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 5.5 ounces (156 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.25 inches (23.5 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)