This is is a solid all-around camp or utility knife, featuring a longer, stout carbon steel blade. The handle is made from curly birch wood, sanded, oiled, and polished to a smooth finish, and has both an inset for your index finger, and a hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand. The handle has very attractive inserts made from reindeer antler. The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability.
The sheath is nicely detailed with stamped and stained artwork, it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 0.8% high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.65 inches (1.7 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 2.6 ounces (74 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Pommel: antler w/tang end and brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch and antler
- Sheathed Weight: 4.1 ounces (116 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 8.5 inches (21.6 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)